WHO HAS CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This website is owned and operated by Zim Braai, which has its registered office at 99 Commercial Rd, Poole, BH14 0JD. Zim Braai is a data controller and will use your personal information as described in this Policy. Policy Updated Nov 2018.
HOW TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES?
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact our Compliance officer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect information about you in a number of different ways, including when you provide information on our website, in correspondence with us, by telephone and when you visit or book at one of our restaurants.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register through this website or at one of our restaurants we ask for certain pieces of information. We may also collect and process information provided by you, for example, by telephone or in other booking correspondence. The information which we collect depends on which services you use but will include the following personal data:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Date of Birth – To ensure that you are old enough to receive information from us.
• Email address – We ask for your email address so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you emails about our company, company news and promotions.
• Telephone number – We ask for your telephone number so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you SMS/text messages about our company, company news and promotions.
• Your local restaurant – We record your local restaurant, so that we can tailor our services to you.
• Website use information collected as you browse the website
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition to the uses described in the ‘What information do we collect?’ section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to respond to your enquiries. For example, if you write to us, or email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you give us your express consent. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry;
• to provide our services to you;
• to improve and personalise our services;
• to take payments due to us;
• where you have agreed that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and promotions and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
• to host, administer, improve this website; to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner to you and your computer.
• to ask you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell or share your personal data with any other companies or organisations for marketing purposes.
• As required by law;
• Where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights or protect our interests (for example, in order to enforce the terms of any contract that we have with you) or those of others (for example the rights and interests of other customers).
• We may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
USE OF INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
When you visit our website or restaurants, we give you the opportunity to register and consent to receive further information about products or services provided by Zim Braai and other information which we believe may be of interest to you. If you consent to this, you can opt out of receiving this information at any time by using the unsubscribe option or by contacting the Compliance Officer Zim Braai via the email address above
If you opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional material, we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive communications from us.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data. You also have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us. As a security measure, we may require proof of your identity before we make any changes to your information or provide a copy of your information.
Please contact the Compliance Officer via email address above if you wish to update your data, correct any inaccuracies or obtain a copy of your personal data.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We hold your personal data to manage our business activities and to provide agreed services to you. We retain personal information for the period of time necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. You may at any time ask us to remove your personal data from our records.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
We may use other technologies which sometimes work together with cookies and other means with our Site to uniquely identify your device. These other technologies help enable features on our Site.
We may also use certain technologies to determine whether you have opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail.
Please note the following:
• We use both session and persistent cookies and other tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g. cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they re-main on your computer until you delete them) or session-based (i.e., they last only until you close your browser) You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of Online Services.
• We may encode and protect the tracking cookies and other tracking technologies that we set, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. If we change the privacy statement we will post the revised version here and change the effective date at the top of this notice. We encourage you to check here periodically for the most recent version.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE
We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the use of this website or the reliance on the information in it. The content of this paragraph and its disclaimers and exclusions shall apply to the maximum extent permissible by applicable laws. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Information and disclaimers
We use reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this website is up to date and accurate. While we take precautions to prevent the occurrence of errors and omissions the user of this website should not take the accuracy of the information for granted but should check directly with us. We have no control over the use to which the information may be put by you and accordingly shall not be liable for any loss of profits or contracts or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. The statutory rights of a customer dealing with us shall remain unaffected.
Please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any website to which we provide links from this website..
We charge a totally voluntary 10% service charge, which is clearly outlined in the bill. This allows our staff to benefit fully from any tip given. Any service amount paid is 100% optional and at the customer’s discretion. In 2015 we introduced a TRONC system across the whole of the Koh Group. This is a separate organised pay arrangement through HMRC to distribute gratuities and tips fairly and evenly to all our staff. We would like to stress that Koh only charges the TRONC system with the statutory taxes levied by HMRC, the fees that we are charged to process the transactions for each individual employee and cost of the TRONC system itself – the TRONC committee then decide how this money is allocated amongst all staff. All staff are trained to point out our optional service charge when the bill is presented.
Dishes are prepared in areas where allergenic ingredients are present and may contain traces. We cannot guarantee that all of our dishes are 100% free from these ingredients. Please alert your server of any allergies and we will do our utmost to cater for your requirements. All dishes are marked clearly where we are able to offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options & where they contain nuts.
Although our gluten-free and low gluten menu dishes are made and cooked using dedicated kitchen utensils and trays, they are prepared in the same facility and ovens as all our other dishes. We also work very closely with our suppliers to ensure that our ingredients are prepared in a gluten-free environment. Whilst we take every greatest care, we cannot guarantee that there are no trace amounts of gluten found in our gluten-free dishes. Please consider this when ordering from our menu.
Although our gluten-free dishes are made and cooked using dedicated kitchen utensils and trays, they are prepared in the same facility as all of our other dishes. We also work very closely with our suppliers to ensure that our ingredients are prepared in a gluten-free environment. Whilst we take every greatest care, we cannot guarantee that there are no trace amounts of gluten found in our gluten-free dishes. Please consider this when ordering from our menu. Please note, only foods that contain 20 parts per million (ppm) or less can be labelled as ‘gluten-free’. These may not be suitable for a coeliac due to ingredient disclaimers.
All group bookings of six or more require a deposit to confirm the booking. This then requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice for cancellation or the card will be charged at £10pp.